How does one make Monday morning more difficult? More stubborn to rise and face the day?
Simply drop the temperature. Its a brisk morning here in the former furniture capital.
Growing up in Michigan, people here seem to all have their methods for combating the winter blues. We would love to hear yours. Feel free to drop a comment with suggestions and your strategies! This list from Buzzfeed seems to help quite a bit.
1. Go outside within two hours of waking up.
2. Get a light box. ( like this one Verilux HappyLight Liberty 10,000 LUX Light Therapy Energy Lamp )
3. Take vitamin D supplements.
4. Eat more complex carbohydrates.
(You might crave junk food and greasy comforting things like pizza and mac ‘n’ cheese during the sluggish, cold winter months, but stuffing yourself with sugar and refined flours will only make you feel even grosser.)
5. Make your house/work space brighter.
6. Make your bed every day. (ya filthy animal)
7. Get some exercise.
8. Limit your caffeine intake.
(I know seems crazy, but all those insulin spikes can be dehydrating…and leads to fatigue)
I see countless posts on the winter blues, but it will be over soon enough, and we can go back to enjoying the amazing Michigan summer. In the meantime, there is always work to do. If anything, it will keep you warm at the very least!